Are You a UK Taxpayer?

If so, thanks to the Government’s Gift Aid scheme, you can make your donation to Rowcroft worth 25% more – at no extra cost to you. That means we’ll receive £1.25 for every £1 you donate.

How to Gift Aid your Donation

If you make a donation online, simply tick the Gift Aid box to increase the value of your donation.

If you prefer to donate by cheque, please send it to the address below, with your completed Gift Aid declaration. If you don’t have a printer, call us on 01803 217416 and we’ll happily pop a form in the post for you.

Rowcroft Hospice
TQ2 5ZZ.

By completing this you’ll allow us to claim Gift Aid on your donations now, in the future and for the past four years. It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in the form. You’ll need to include your address, so that you can be identified as a current UK taxpayer.

Please note that if you pay less Income Tax and / or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all of your donations in that tax year, it’s your responsibility to pay any difference.

Please let us know if you:

  • Want to cancel this declaration at any time
  • Change your name or home address
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains *

Higher rate taxpayers

If you pay tax at the higher or additional rate, you can claim the difference between the rate you pay and the basic rate on your donation. You can claim this further tax relief via your Self Assessment tax return, or by asking HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to amend your tax code.

An example of how this works:

You donate £100 to Rowcroft – we then claim Gift Aid to make your donation worth £125. If you pay 40% tax, you can personally claim back £25 (£125 x 20%).


*Rowcroft can reclaim tax on all donations, even if you are not employed, providing you’re paying tax on any of the following:

  • Personal or occupational pension
  • Stocks and shares
  • Bank and building society savings accounts
  • Rental income
  • Overseas and UK investment dividends.
  • If you pay tax on a pension plan or savings account or pay capital gains tax if you sell property or shares, you are also still eligible for Gift Aid.

Resources +

Website designed and developed by Bluestone360