Rowcroft Hospice will be celebrating the annual Garden Party this year on Saturday 21 July. Amongst the musical performers, wild animals and firemen in attendance, this year children will be entertained by Just4Kids who have nods of approval from Hollywood stars. The Garden Party has always been a very popular event in the Rowcroft summer diary and is a special occasion for members of the public to explore the stunning grounds. The family fun atmosphere is the perfect way to spend a summer’s afternoon whilst helping to raise vital funds to support the care for over 2000 local people.
Gates open at 12pm at the Rowcroft grounds off Avenue Road, Torquay. This year there will be FREE parking at Torquay Boys Grammar School, with a FREE shuttle service to and from Rowcroft, thanks to Stagecoach South West. There will also be very limited parking available on site.
Stewart Molyneux, Rowcroft Events Manager said, “July has already been a very exciting month at Rowcroft, we are thrilled to see so many members of the community engaging with the hospice. At the start of the month we held a beautiful Meadow of Memories service in grounds, the next weekend was followed by the Fun on the Farm Sleepwalk where 1,364 women across South Devon came together to raise £101,705 so far for the hospice. This weekend we will be opening up our stunning grounds to members of the public to celebrate with us at our annual Garden Party. A traditional summer fete theme with a few unexpected surprises; craft stalls, Pimms and lemonade and you may spot the occasional stormtrooper!”
With a jam packed schedule of events, there is something to entertain every member of the family:
• Live music and entertainment will be provided by Stagecoach Performing Arts School, the Rowcroft Hospice Choir, a local swing band and others.
• Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue will be bringing a fire engine for family photo opportunities.
• Owls and birds of prey display by Torbay Owls and Company.
• Massage therapies with Rowcroft Complementary Therapy team and Riviera Wellbeing.
• Splat the Rat’, coconut shy and other great family entertainment stalls.
• A variety of stalls including bric-a-brac, craft and handmade gifts.
• Tombola and raffle to win fantastic prizes, donated by a variety of local individuals and organisations.
• Food and drink provided by West Coast Caterers, Rapid Relief Team (RRT) and Bays Brewery.
• Tea, coffee and cake on sale through the Friends of Rowcroft
Face painting and costume entertainment will be provided by Just4Kids Parties, Creator of Just4Kids, Vicky Nagy will be performing as Queen Elsa. Whilst working in Los Angeles, Vicky entertained at celebrity kids parties, these included the children of Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler to name but a few.
Vicky commented, “It feels really special to be asked to play a part in an event supporting Rowcroft as they play such an important part in the community. The Garden Party is such a fantastic summertime event for local families. It always feels magical seeing children’s faces light up when they meet their favourite characters and I’m sure this year’s Garden Party will be full of special memories.”
Mark Hawkins, Rowcroft CEO added: “The Garden Party is a wonderful way to celebrate the specialist palliative care we provide across South Devon, which is only possible due to the support of our amazing community. Everyone is welcome and I do hope you have a wonderful time and continue to support us to ensure we can make every moment the best it can be for patients, and their families, for generations to come. I look forward to welcoming you.”
Adult entry to the party costs £2 with entry for under-16s free.
For more information on all the fun planned for the day, visit www.rowcrofthospice.org.uk/garden-party.