Job Title: Hospitality Front of House Volunteer
Department: Ella’s Café Lounge Chelston
Location: Chelston, Torquay
Hours: Various daytime shifts available
Our Vision is to make every day the best day possible for our patients and their families in South Devon. As a volunteer in our Retail team you will contribute to this by supporting our cafes to raise vital funds for our service.
Key roles and responsibilities:
1. Greet customers at the till, take their orders and payment.
2. Make coffees, teas, and other drinks.
3. Serve food and drink orders to customers.
4. Engage with our customers in a friendly and informative manner, taking personal responsibility to resolve requests, queries and concerns to create an exceptional customer experience.
5. Roll up your sleeves and get involved wherever it’s needed to create a friendly, clean and welcoming environment.
6. This list can never be exhaustive but covers most of the work you’ll be doing. What it can’t replace is enthusiasm, talent, initiative and a commitment to great customer service.
What you’ll need:
To be able to carry out this role you will bring:
• A flair for maintaining a convivial atmosphere, encouraging repeat custom.
• Curiosity and knowledge about different types of food, and the ability to share that with customers and colleagues.
• Courteousness and the ability to engage with customers and colleagues and to do what’s needed to provide excellent customer service.
• The ability to remain calm and present a professional experience.
• A desire to be part of our small committed and hardworking team in line with the ethics and values of Rowcroft Hospice, acting in the best interests of Rowcroft at all times.
• A positive can-do attitude and a willingness and desire to ensure all who come into contact with Rowcroft have the best possible experience.
Apply online by filling out the Volunteer Application Form 2020 and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rowcroft Hospice is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Rowcroft Hospice – Rowcroft House Foundation Ltd
Avenue Road, Torquay, Devon TQ2 5LS
Registered Charity No. 282723